POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : GigantagonPOV? : Re: GigantagonPOV? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GigantagonPOV?
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 10 Aug 2001 02:38:22
Message: <3b73815e@news.povray.org>
news:3b71976e@news.povray.org...
>   Yes, the team has given permission to talk about 3.5.
>
>   For example functions have been improved in 3.5. You can make functions
> returning vectors and you can use splines in functions. You also have
> several options (with the dot-operator) to convert a vector to a float
> (besides the previous .x, .y and .z) so you can easily use vector
functions
> in float functions. There are many other improvements as well.

Sounds very good.

Are macros allowed within isosurface functions? eg

#macro Test()
 1
#end

isosurface {
 function {x^2+y^2+z^2-9-Test()}
}

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.          Babylon 5 *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *